Is This a Sign? Learn About your Zodiac!

Photo courtesy of senior Ella Mendoza

Many San Luis Obispo High School students have become more interested in learning about astrology and zodiac signs!

Your zodiac sign reflects the position of the sun when you were born. The astrological placements one has influences a lot of their personality, characteristics, and emotions. Each sign definitely has their positive and negative traits; and depending on what sign a person is, they might find themselves compatible with certain signs, and not getting along with others.

Expressions decided to find out what SLOHS students think of their signs, or if they take astrology into consideration at all.
  “My sun sign is Scorpio and I think it pretty much sums me up as a whole. I feel things pretty deeply and I enjoy making connections with people that aren’t superficial in nature. I am pretty reserved when it comes to actual connections, but the ones I have are very close to me. Scorpio is also about being very transformative, which I think applies to me as well,” said junior Lil Daane.
  There are four elements that the signs are placed under. Scorpio, Cancer, and Pisces make up the water signs, the most sensitive, emotional, mysterious, and intuitive. Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius are fire signs, very passionate, temperamental, and spontaneous. The intellectual, go with the flow, air signs are Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius. Lastly, earth signs are made up of Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn, the practical and grounded group.
  “My zodiac sign is Sagittarius and I don’t get along with Virgos. Virgos are seen as dramatic and short-tempered from my personal experience,” said freshman Isabella Giles.
  Air and fire signs tend to be more compatible, same with earth and water signs.
  “Generally, I don’t get along with Taurus signs and Geminis, although I have several Gemini friends. I am not compatible with Aries and Gemini, which is funny because I have quite a few friends of those signs,” said Daane.
  Astrology is super intriguing to learn about to find if you truly fit your sign or get along with your friends and peers.
  “I am a Cancer. I don’t really clash with any because Cancer is just awesome (the zodiac not the illness),” said freshman Mason Huebler.
  If your sign’s characteristics doesn’t seem fitting to your personality, it probably means there are other placements in your astrological chart that dominate your personality that you might not see on the surface of your sun sign.
  “My favorite placements in my chart are my Sagittarius venus and mercury, because I feel like I carry a lot of Sagittarius energy, which is all about being very truthful, being adventurous and restless, and being philosophical,” said Daane.  
  Snapchat just came out with a super rad update where all you have to know is your birthday and birth time and you can find out a lot of additional information about your entire chart. If you don’t have Snapchat, the internet works too!

Source: https://www.horoscope.com/zodiac-signs