It’s the Thirstiest Time of the Year. Have You Tried a Sprite Cranberry Yet?

Sprite Cranberry was a flavor of Sprite originally released in 2013 and sold for a limited time during the holiday seasons leading up to 2018.

That year, Sprite released a commercial featuring basketball player LeBron James singing and then saying “Wanna Sprite Cranberry?”, which became a popular meme until mid-2019.

Now, these once-iconic drinks are almost impossible to find, only being sold year-round in Puerto Rico. Most stores that carry Sprite Cranberry are usually always sold-out due to its impact on pop culture. 

While a majority of San Luis Obispo High School students have probably never gotten their hands on a Sprite Cranberry, there are a few who have tasted the rare drink.

“So basically, Sprite Cranberry is one of the only two sodas I am excited to drink, the other being Mountain Dew Baja Blast, but every year I find it increasingly difficult to get my hands on it as less places offer it, and this year I heard they stopped selling it canned altogether. But that’s besides the point, Sprite Cranberry may be the greatest soda I have ever tasted, it masterfully blends sprite, and cranberry into a enjoyable, yet subtle mix.  Because of this I believe it to be the perfect winter soda and would recommend it to everyone, but unfortunately I can only recommend it because you will not be able to find it in stores because I will have purchased every can of it already,” said senior Rory Svetich.

Most people will probably never try this legendary drink, and that’s what makes it so special.

“I think it would be super cool to try because it’s limited edition and everyone always talks about how good it is,” said junior Katie Montes, who is yet to try the drink.

It doesn’t look like Sprite Cranberries are coming back anytime soon, with Sprite only offering a winter spiced cranberry drink. And with the holidays coming up, advertisements for Sprite Cranberry will begin playing once again, with LeBron James reminding us that it really is the thirstiest time of the year.

Source: The-soda.fandom.com