SLOHS FFA spreading Gratitude through Gratitude Trees

Photo courtesy of Agriculture teacher Anna Bates.

San Luis Obispo High School FFA officers and Agriculture Leadership have started the “Growing Gratitude Project” based on an idea a woman in Portland did in her neighborhood. These artistic trees are planted and there are laminated Fall leaves in a box with all the supplies needed [including hand sanitizer] to write something you are grateful or thankful for in your lives.

“During what has been a stressful time of year… taking a minute to write your gratitude on a leaf to show kids we have a lot to be thankful for is a great feeling. I encourage you all to do it!” said FFA teacher and adviser Anna Bates.

During the month of November and leading up to Thanksgiving, FFA students are encouraging students to “Fill the Trees” with Thanks.

Most of the schools in the San Luis Coastal Unified School District have a tree started and ready to go as well. FFA students will be checking the boxes / trees daily to restock. There is even one at the district offices.

SLOHS has a hand made tree on the fence in front of the tennis court / football field area, which is easily seen from the road.

“Shout out to seniors Annika Ernstrom and Olivia Huff for making the tree. The rest of the trees are REAL 🙂 If you have kids at elementary schools, have them go put up a leaf at their schools or ask to start a tree if they haven’t already. We have the supplies!” said Bates.