Make some money: The ASB Scavenger Hunt is On This Saturday

The San Luis Obispo High School ASB is hosting a Scavenger Hunt this Saturday from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

ASB will be giving away lots of spirit points to winning classes and up to 400 dollars, divided up by the winners.

It’s a fun way to bring students together and have fun, while also showing some school pride and being safe. First place winners from each class will win 50 dollars, second place from each class will win 25 dollars, and third place from each class will win 15 dollars. Students can also win 40 dollars just for participating! Once students turn in their pictures to Google spirit classroom, their name will be entered into a drawing to win a 40 dollar cash prize! Each participant will also earn two spirit points for their class.

“Our goal is to get SLOHS students involved in something that is connected to the school.  Make kids feel they are a part of SLOHS.  Some of our students have never been on our campus.  It is also just to have fun outdoors in a safe way,” said ASB director Jim Johnson.

The rules are as follows.

1. You MUST be holding the scavenger hunt checklist in each photo *see down below for more info*.

2. Only ONE person per photo or selfie, no group pictures.

3. You must only turn in your OWN photo to your spirit google classroom *more info on how to later this week*.

4. No driving.

5. You only have between 12 and 2, so do it quickly!

*ASB will be posting the scavenger hunt checklist on each grade level’s spirit google classroom on Saturday at 11 a.m.. We will have a limited amount of copies to hand out at two specified locations if you do not have access to a printer.*

“We hope for a lot of participation, we think it is going to be fun and also competitive, there are cash prizes out there and it is something you can do with your friends who are in your bubble.  We definitely want people to be safe and COVID Cautious,” said Johnson.

More information will be given out on the day of the event. Please support our ASB and participate in the scavenger hunt!

Still don’t understand how it will work? Watch this ASB promo video for the event: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rz3rpX3cd1r-FqXiqH4714xYbfMHA0fM/view?usp=sharing