Clubs, sports, Homebound Week: SLOHS Activities you need to know!

With the first semester of San Luis Obispo High School classes being completely virtual, students are wondering when we are going to be able to resume our daily activities on campus?

The SLOHS staff has been working their hardest to start up sports and other activities in-person, following COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions.

“We started with 13 amazing clubs and were able to make a Virtual Club Rush Showcase to show off these clubs and it can be found on the SLOHS TNN youtube page. For students trying to join a club this year, they can go to the ASB Website and under the club section to find a google doc of a list for all the clubs. In the list, they can learn ways to contact each club and look at videos or posters to find out more about the club,” said senior ASB clubs commissioner Eric Santiago Adame.

Be sure to check out and join one of the clubs available, and keep an eye out for new clubs throughout the year!

SLOHS athletes are eager to resume their sports as soon as possible, which is becoming a reality this month.

“Sports returned October 1. Currently practices center around conditioning as sports specific equipment is prohibited. The requirements for these in person practices are temperature checks prior to arrival, arrival wearing masks, and social distancing. Students will be assigned to pods of a maximum of 16 people and one coach. Within these practice pods, six feet social distancing is mandatory, and not mixing different pods is important as well,” said senior ASB athletics commissioner Mulenga Malama.

Homecoming has always been a big part of October; with the spirit dress up days, decorating halls, the homecoming football game, and dance. How will those events look this year?

“Homebound week will be the week of October 26-30. Our idea is to have a spirit week surrounding fun and easy things that everyone can do from their homes. Every day there will be an opportunity to gain spirit points for your class. Submissions in the format of pictures, contests, or questionnaires will count towards class spirit points,” said senior ASB activities commissioner Olivia Cisneros.

Stay tuned to the SLOHS ASB instagram, slohsasb, for more on campus as well as virtual information coming up at SLOHS. Stay engaged, even from home!

ReplyForward