SLOHS junior Sacha Carlson stars in Netflix’s “Julie and the Phantoms”

If you’re a student at San Luis Obispo High School, chances are you already know junior Sacha Carlson. His charismatic personality, as well as his notable acting talents have placed him a role in Netflix’s upcoming show, “Julie and the Phantoms”. He also previously played Scut Farkus in Fox’s “A Christmas Story Live” in 2017.

Expressions interviewed Carlson to learn more about his role in this upcoming Netflix original. 

Expressions: What is “Julie and the Phantoms” about?

Junior Sacha Carlson: Julie is a teenager who finds her passion for music while helping the Phantoms, a trio of ghostly guys, to become a band they were never able to be before. 

Expressions: What role are you playing in the show?

Carlson: My role is a character named Nick. He loves sports, music, and is a friendly, genuine guy who only means good. 

Expressions: Did the cast have to film the show during COVID-19?

Carlson: Fortunately we filmed it before COVID-19! We were so lucky. We wrapped up season one at the end of 2019. It was one of the best experiences of my life. 

Expressions: How did you first start your journey with “Julie and the Phantoms”?

Carlson: I first started my JATP journey in June 2019 by auditioning for the role of Luke, which is when I met someone named Kenny. I made it through until the final group for that role but I didn’t get cast. In early August 2019, I received an email from my agent saying that Kenny wanted me to do a callback for another role they possibly had in mind, which happened to be the role of Nick. I went in, did my thing, and got cast! And now we’re here!

Expressions: When are where will this show be available for people to see?

Carlson: The show will be out on Netflix on September 10, 2020!

Expressions: What future acting jobs do you hope to get after being on “Julie and the Phantoms”? 

Carlson: I hope to keep working with Kenny in the future! That would be a dream. He is absolutely incredible at what he does. It is truly amazing to watch him in his element. His energy is beyond anyone I have ever worked with.

Get ready to binge-watch the first season on September 10!