“Lil Boat 3” has been out for over a month. Have you heard it?

During this summer of confusion and distress in the U.S., Lil Yachty, rapper from Mableton, Georgia, has released his 3rd “Lil Boat”album. Those who know Lil Yachty’s music understand that his “lil boat” albums are full of slaps and are worth the wait. Yachty released his first album, “Lil Boat,” July 5, 2016 and then continued the theme of “lil boat” by releasing “Lil Boat 2”  March 9, 2018. And now he has released “Lil Boat 3”.

It was only a two year wait for Yachty to release this album, yet he spent a considerable time perfecting this album.

“I kept going through so many different phases of creativity,” said Yachty. 

The creativity is clear since there is a plethora of artists that feature in this new album. Some of those artists include: Drake, A$AP Rocky, Tyler the Creator, Future, Young Thug, Mike WiLL Made-it, Dababy, Lil durk, Lil keed, Tierra Whack, and Draft Day. Most of these artists are well known and have a huge fan base themselves. 

“Lil Yachty isn’t my first choice when I listen to music, but when I heard the song “T.D” with A$AP Rocky and Tyler the Creator, which is in his new album, I was like alright this goes hard. I was also surprised Tyler the Creator was featured in it,” said senior Gabby Walter. 

Walter is right this song not only slaps, but it also has some great features. Tyler the Creator hasn’t featured in a Lil Yachty song and this was definitely a pleasant surprise for fans. 

Yachty should be thanked at this time for serenading his fans with a 19 song album that has outstanding features. Music can be a huge part of a person’s life, it can uplift and bring together so many individuals. Yachty has set an example for other artists at this time and that is to release their music in order to bring some light into others lives, whether it is rap or any other genre of music it still has an impact on someone’s life.