SLOHS Students Miss SLOHS Staff

As Covid-19 quarantine approaches eleven weeks, San Luis Obispo High School students are truly missing the schools staff. Students at SLOHS and faculty are bonded by education, experiences and by being a tiger. As SLOHS students go into their last two weeks of school, Expressions decided to ask students which teachers they are missing most during quarantine. 

Senior Aaron Bloom: “I miss Jim Johnson the most because I loved all the interactive lectures and conversations.”

Senior Katerina Grondin: “I miss Gomes the most because of how he always believed in me in Track and Field as well as the fact that he helped me strive to do better by always finding ways to improve. He always came to practice or meets with a smile on his face and it really set the tone for the team.” 

Senior Asiel Lopez: “The teacher I miss the most at SLOHS is Mr. Arata because he was able to instill in me many helpful lessons that didn’t have to do with math that I will treasure and use for the rest of my life.”

Senior Douglas McCarthy: “I definitely miss Disanto the most because no matter how cruddy the day was, I could always go into her room and say “what’s up Mrs. Disanto!” and her reply every single time would be “Hey sunshine!” Yea I mostly miss that. Those ten to thirty second interactions are what would make my day.”

Senior Claire Headrick: “I would have to says I miss Fahs the most because her classes were always so fun and I miss being able to relax and enjoy the company of everyone in our class.”

Senior Mason Ritterbuck: “I miss Roper because he’s the G.O.A.T.”

Senior Ben Parzyak: “I miss Bates because she always got us all involved and was a fun and caring teacher.”

Senior Kellan Barry: “I miss Coach Greer the most because of our ping pong games.”

Senior Christian Mondragon: “I miss my man Coach Greer because he was super funny and nice to be around.” 

Junior Ellie Dean: “I miss Coach Greer most because of his funny personality and uplifting conversations.”

Sophomore Maren Ritterbuck: “I miss Stephens because she was always accommodating to her students and helped us to really understand the lessons. Also, she always welcomed us into the classroom with a nice greeting and took time to see how our day was going.”

Freshman Atticus Fenton: “I miss Meaney the most because she taught me how to play badminton.”