COVID-19 Postpones Concerts

Because of Coronavirus, many San Luis Obispo High School students are seeing their upcoming concerts being cancelled, rescheduled, and postponed. Some bands, such as the Growlers and Rage Against the Machine have been rescheduled, while others like Slipknot and Alice Cooper have been cancelled entirely.

Expressions interviewed three students who were planning on attending a concert that was cancelled or postponed. 

“I was going to go see Rage Against the Machine in Oakland. It was postponed to June 2021,” said junior Sylas Grove. 

Other students have also experienced new dates for their concerts. 

“I was supposed to see the Growlers and Kurt Vile. The Growlers was postponed to December 10, 2020, which is actually my eighteenth birthday, so that’s kinda cool. I think Kurt Vile was cancelled, but I’m not sure,” said junior Carmen Silver. 

Many concerts have been cancelled altogether. 

“I was supposed to see two K-pop groups. ATEEZ on April 26 and BTS on May 5. It has been announced that both shows will be postponed, but no dates have been released since the companies cannot be certain as to when the virus will be mild enough to safely gather large groups of people,” said sophomore Kiki Murakami. 

While this is very upsetting to fans, it’s important that they all stay safe. 

“It was a little disappointing, but it’s better this way to ensure the health of hundreds of thousands of people,” said Murakami. 

However, some fans are still very upset. 

“I am super mad, I was really looking forward to the show. I feel like 2020 was super lame so far and I was excited for that, and then bam, another thing to be disappointed about,” said Grove. 

It’s very important that all people are staying safe right now, so it can be understood why these cancellations were needed. Sorry, Sylas.