Some 2020 Seniors are Ending Their Year Early

With everything going on in today’s world, San Luis Obispo High School seniors who have completed all their credits have recently been given the opportunity to graduate early.

Although seniors always have had this chance, many stay at school to experience the last trimester of their high school years. With this last trimester turning virtual, seniors are now given the choice to “graduate” and stop taking their online classes, officially finishing high school. 

Expressions checked in with Ella Attala, a 2020 senior who has chosen to graduate early after the coronavirus hit. 

Expressions: How did you become eligible to graduate early?

2020 Graduating Senior Ella Attala: I completed all of my high school credits, which made me eligible to graduate. And because I was only taking electives, the college I’m going to allowed it.

Expressions: Why didn’t you choose to graduate early in the first place?

Attala: I still enjoyed going to school, seeing my friends, being a part of school events, and I was looking forward to the end of the year fun.

Expressions: How does it feel to officially be graduated from SLOHS?

Attala: It’s definitely weird because there was no celebration after graduating, but it’s nice that I don’t have to do online school anymore.

Expressions: What do you now plan to do with all your extra time, now that you don’t have school work?

Attala: I’m still involved with ASB, working out everyday, trying new recipes, and just spending a lot of time with my family.

Expressions: What is your next step now that you have graduated?

Attala: I’m planning on going to Cal Poly in the fall.