What are SLO High students doing during the quarantine?

The quarantine has given San Luis Obispo High School students a strange opportunity to be able to budget time and relax at home, but at a cost. Outside events are limited to only essential services, leaving students wondering what they should do in the meantime.

At the end of week three of quarantine, we are the ones having to come up with creative solutions to ride out this crisis.

The severity of the coronavirus is no joke. Normally teenagers would be rebellious and hang out anyways, but even we understand how big this really is. To keep those around us safe, we must stay home, and interact with our friends online.

“This really is a critical time to be able to do what we choose to devote our time to and interact with each other in a new way,” said senior Jahan Ramezani.

Time is everything, especially in high school. With everything being cancelled, it gives a sense of inspiration to pursue other goals.

“I really like to go on discord to talk to my friends while we play games or do work,” said Junior Kaylie Hall. This has been a primary source of communication for many friend groups. “It is really nice to be able to talk to and hear the voices of our friends when we can’t in real life.”

“I like to use skype more, as it lets me see my friend’s face and I love to be able to have lunch with them when we usually are supposed to have lunch,” said Junior Jayda Monreal.

Personally, I have done the same in terms of interacting with friends, and have tried to continue to learn guitar theory and have tried to stay active by running. I am not the only one that has done this as well. Junior Evan Clausen and I are both boys JV Cross Country Alumni and have been running on our own to keep our fit. I encourage other students to pursue their own goals on this once in a lifetime event.