“What Will 2020 AP Testing Be Like?”

Due to COVID-19, more commonly known as Coronavirus, all AP tests at San Luis Obispo High School have been altered in order to keep students and staff safe. This means that the original schedule of having the test last a few hours at school will be shortened to a forty-five minute test online, taken at home by all AP students. 

“It’s nice that it is shorter; there is definitely not as much stress involved. Because of it being taken in our own home, we are able to relax a little bit more,” said sophomore AP student Katie Kovesdi. 

The new AP testing schedule has also raised questions regarding cheating and plagiarism, and how these complications will be prevented.  

“This will be an experience for sure. No doubt someone’s going to look stuff up online,” said sophomore AP student Ash Meyer. 

Although this is true, some students may not try to cheat because of how hard they have already studied.  The College Board is working out a microphone and camera requirement for computers, in order to deter cheating.

“I think that it is inevitable that some students might cheat, but the AP test is what we have been studying for this whole year. We should not have to cheat, and instead use all of our countless resources to study,” said Kovesdi. 

Although this is a huge change for both AP students and teachers, COVID-19 is teaching all SLOHS students to learn to adapt to new, confusing situations. AP students and teachers have been working their hardest all year for this test, however, a shortened test will surely place less stress on each student. 

For more information about how this new AP test will work, click the link below:https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/about-ap/news-changes/coronavirus-update