2020 SLOHS Film Club: Where’s their Films?

At San Luis Obispo High School this year, students have been waiting patiently for SLOHS Film Club films, but there are none to be found. Last year, there were films in production such as Three-Paneled Crush, but due to poor leadership none were released. The year before that, there were films released such as Mind Trap, Red Herring, and a mini-series called Odds and Ends, but since then there have been none. Expressions set out to find answers regarding SLOHS Film Club films this year, and when we’ll be seeing some.

Expressions: What is your role in Film Club?

Senior Bella Gerencser: I’m the president.

Expressions: What is film club?

Gerencser: Film club is a safe place for any people interested in filmmaking to create, produce, and direct their own short films as well as help with the production of other people’s films.

Expressions: What plans did you have for the club this year?

Gerencser: Our initial plan from the beginning was to aid anyone who had an idea whether it be script writing or directing, but unfortunately this year we hit an all time low in students who are enthusiastic about filmmaking and our numbers seem to dwindle. We did hope to produce more films but individually I’d say a lot of us have produced some good content regarding scripts and individual films.

Expressions: Is there anything we should expect for the near future?

Gerencser: Currently in production is a mini-series mockumentary parodying Live PD which follows two hall monitors. One really cares about his job and the other doesn’t, and the two of them end up uncovering an underground drug ring in their fictional school. A few students in the club as well are also working on a few short films that we will most likely help out with in production so stay tuned for those.

For people interested in finding Film Club Films, they can check out the SLOHS Film Production Club Youtube Channel.