Mac DeMarco could be the new Taylor Swift

At San Luis Obispo High School, people listen to a variety of genres of music from soft and quiet instrumental, to loud and obnoxious punk rock. Musical artist Mac DeMarco lands right in the middle of the categories, which is why more people are discovering him. 

DeMarcos calls his lo-fi, yacht-rocky sound “Jizz Jazz” and is known for performing in his tighty-whities. DeMarco’s indie rock has gotten a lot of attention after playing a couple months ago at the Madonna Expo Center In San Luis Obispo. 

“I definitely noticed that more and more underclassmen are getting into DeMarco’s latest music. It’s really easy to connect with his music and lyrics. That entire genre has gotten pretty popular throughout the school. Also, him coming to SLO got more people interested in him,” said senior Annie Overland.

Anyone that has a good indie taste in music has to get a chance to get into Mac DeMarco. Some of the most recommended songs to listen to some of his old albums such as “Salad Days” and “Mac DeMarco 2”. 

“Mac Demarco is such a big influence in society right now, watching more and more people listen to his music everday. In a way, his music brings people together.” said Sophmore Macy Nitzel. Overall, Mac Demarcos fan base is growing bigger and bigger as time flies. Below is a link to one of his best known songs “Blue Boy”.