Can SLOHS Make A Championship Run?

San Luis Obispo High School’s varsity football team has started the 2019 school year with a great start getting to go into league, three-one (wins to losses), in two weeks. 

SLOHS has recently defeated Santa Ynez 36-13 on Friday, giving Tigers great confidence for their next game in Hanford. 

Junior and left tackle Thomas Cole talked about how he thinks his team will perform this Friday and the rest of the season. 

“I switched positions on defense this week so that’s going to be a bit of a change, but I think we are a better team than Hanford West. I expect us to win Friday night because we are a good team and I go into every game thinking we are going to win; so I think the rest of the season will reflect that, ”said varsity football player Thomas Cole.

SLOHS has two games left before entering league – Hanford West and Santa Maria. If the Tigers win the next two weeks, they will go into league five-one, starting league off with a bang against Pioneer Valley High School in Santa Maria.

“I think we will have a good game on Friday against Hanford West, hopefully coming away with a win. Looking forward, I think our team can have an incredible amount of success, as long as we stay focused and disciplined. Our offensive and defensive line control the game and I believe they have the ability to take us to a CIF Championship this year,” said varsity football player Emilio Corona. 

Corona, along with Thomas Cole, Christian Clegg, and Jeremy Fitzsimmons, will continue to lead the team this season, hoping to get “the dubs” for the Tigers this season.