Ready, Set, Summer, School?

Students at San Luis Obispo High School are enjoying the beginning of their summer break; however, for other students, they have already started taking more classes. Online and in-classroom summer classes are offered through SLOHS. They are available for students who want to get ahead or who need to retake a class. Students signed up for summer classes in April, and today (June 10) the classes begin.

Students signed up for classes because they are very beneficial academically. Getting classes done over summer can make the next school year a lot less stressful. With classes out of the way, there’s more room for electives!

“I’m taking history over the summer and I think it’s going to be pretty easy. I’m excited to have extra electives next year,” said Sophomore Arantxa Covarrubias.

Classes that were available to take were math, English, history, health, etc.. For SLOHS, summer school classes are held at Laguna Middle School from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

“I’m taking geometry over the summer. I think it will help me move ahead of other students and I will be able to go at a faster pace,” said Sophomore Alex Thorne.

For the next three months, students will be working hard to get ahead or to catch up on their school work. All students should consider taking classes over summer because they are very beneficial academically.