Summer Fridays Call for Live Music

As students at San Luis Obispo High School head into the beginning of summer find themselves enjoying live music on Friday nights downtown.

Concerts in the Plaza is held at the infamous downtown Mission Plaza in San Luis Obispo from June 14 through September 13 every Friday night. The concerts begin at 5:00 p.m. and are projected to end at 8:00 p.m.

“Every concert put on is always really great. All the people and bands who are brought to perform please the crowd. Especially for pride, everyone just dances around and has a good ole’ time,” said Junior Vivian Swenson-Ruiz. 

All concerts are free to the public and attendees can come and go throughout the night. In addition, food and drinks will be available for purchase from local businesses. There are many local sponsors such as Sunset Honda of San Luis Obispo and local restaurants downtown.

“It’s fun seeing locals dance like no one is watching, and the live music is usually really good,” said SLOHS graduate Clare Dooley.

All styles of music including Indie Pop, Country, Reggae, Bluegrass, Folk, Rock, and Classic Hits will be performed. The opening band on June 14 is Rosecoloredworld followed by Truxton Mile which is the following Friday June  21. The last concert is Truth about Seafood on September 13.

This friendly laid back event is an enjoyable way to spend Friday nights throughout summer!