Don’t Believe Everything You Are Told: The Act On Hulu

In the past couple of years, Hulu has released many TV shows that captivated many students at San Luis Obispo High School. One drama that drew students is called “The Act” which is based on a true story that happened just a few years ago. It’s about a seemingly very sick and fragile girl named Gypsy Rose Blanchard growing up with a what seems to be a caring mother named Dee Dee.

It begins with the climax of the show, the murder of Dee Dee Blanchard. Then as the show progresses, more and more hints are revealed to who the murderer is and what their motive was.

“It’s really fun to watch the story unravel throughout the show,” said sophomore Grace Rubio.

It portrays the manipulative and overprotective aspect which was not to the public eye while Gypsy realized some of her illnesses and conditions were not as she was told. “The Act” gives us an inside view of the tangled tragedy that was the Blanchard family and the tension that came along with it.

At the end of each episode, a quote regarding the dramatized and fictionalized events making the viewers wonder what really did happen. Watching such a drawing and interesting show such as “The Act” lets the viewer learn more about the event that occurred though everything is partly true thus they cannot and should not rely on it for the factual aspect of the tragedy.