SLOHS Travel The World This Summer

Every summer, students at San Luis Obispo High School go on breath-taking vacations, in which they have been longing for the trip all school year. Students will travel to Big Sur, Yosemite National Park, and Lake Tahoe, but a few will travel all the way across the world. Expressions decided to ask SLOHS students, who are going thousands of miles away this summer, where they are going.

Expressions: Where will you be traveling to this summer?

Sophomore Riley Wilkerson: This summer I am going to France the watch the Women’s World Cup. We might also go to England, too. My dad and I are going to the group stage, which is many of the first games of the tournament. We are spending four weeks in France, it’s going to be crazy. I am very excited.

Sophomore Makenna Siebenlist: I am going to Spain this summer so my younger brother can guest play for a club soccer team. We have it planned to tour all around Europe, like Spain, Switzerland, France, Italy, and maybe Greece. It is going to be so fun.  

Former exchange student Silje Moen: Aside from going back to Norway, my family and I are going to our vacation house in Spain. So our time there will be spent at the beach, shopping, and the pool, so much fun.

Junior Olivia Cisneros: I’m going to Calgary, Canada for six days. The first three we’re staying in the city to sightsee and shop. Then we are going to Cochran (right outside of Calgary) to visit family.

Sophomore Tekuru Schwartz: I will be going to Paris this summer. I am going to sightsee and have so many good and yummy macaroons.

Expressions: Why did your family decide to go to a different country?

Wilkerson: We had planned this trip as a family, but it didn’t work out. It worked out well that the 2019 World Cup was at this time.

Siebenlist: We are going because my brother is guest playing for the Camarillo Eagles and they are going to a tournament there. Also, my mom went their a few years ago for a surf trip so we are going to surf there.

Moen: We have a house there.

Cisneros: We decided to go for a family reunion.

Schwartz: My family decided to go because we haven’t been to Europe as a family yet.

Expressions: How long are you there for?

Wilkerson: My dad and I are going to be there for sixteen days.

Siebenlist: My brother is playing soccer for four days and we are going to stay for an extra two weeks.

Moen: My family and I will be there for three weeks.

Cisneros: I will be there for eight days.

Schwartz: One week.

Expressions: How long did it take to plan this trip?

Wilkerson: We have been planning it for four months and we didn’t finish until right before we left.

Siebenlist: It has been a lot of planning. My parents have been planning everything from plane tickets to train tickets probably since January.

Moen: Not long at all, we just needed the plane tickets.

Cisneros: It didn’t take long to plan, since we will be staying with family the whole time. Probably a few days, but we have known about it since January.

Schwartz: It took us almost six months to plan the trip.

Expressions: If you could go anywhere else in the world, where would you go?

Wilkerson: I would want to go somewhere tropical or even to Greece.

Siebenlist: I want to go to Antarctica so I can see all the penguins and the ice caps before they all help.. Save the planet!

Moen: The Bahamas for sure.

Cisneros: If I could go anywhere else in the world, I would travel to Italy.

Schwartz: If I could go anywhere else, I would love to go to Spain.