Beauty In The Beach

Many students at San Luis Obispo High school indulge themselves in beach life. With over eight publically known surrounding beaches within San Luis Obispo County, students find much enjoyment when spending their time at the beach.

Although beaches may seem like a landscape that is just a known view it may have a significant meaning to many. Students find enjoyment in surfing, tanning, hanging out with friends, or walking on the beach. With so many options of places to attend the beach within our county, it gives an opportunity to have a different experience at each beach.

“My favorite quote is ‘you won’t remember a single day in high school but you will remember the best surf,’ I go to the beach very often with my friends and family. Whenever I’m at the beach I surf and my favorite spot to surf is Honolua Bay in Maui,” said sophomore Kayla Burke.

Beach life may be taken as a lifestyle or hobby. Students at SLOHS find enjoyment in having the salty beach hair or getting exercise through surfing.

“The beach for me is just serene and chill. Typically I’ll go to the beach with my friends to enjoy a sunset or explore. My favorite beach is definitely Cayucos because it’s less crowded and more laid back,” said junior Sydney Treece.

With each moment of living by the beach being rewarding, it can also be a time commitment. Beach lovers find themselves waking up before the crack of dawn, or putting off homework to spend time at the place they enjoy most.

“I like going to Cayucos because it’s pretty and has fun surfs. I go with my dad and some buddies. We surf, swim, paddle, and rock surge. It’s had an influence on my sports, music, and other activities I do,” said sophomore Emory Campbell.

Unlike living in the midwest where there are no beaches and the water spots are lakes, California provides lots of nearby ocean. Adolescents welcome themselves into a beach atmosphere some planning their lives around the best surf times or simply the prettiest sunrises or sets. Many SLOHS students joining this culture and making it filled with memories and pure happiness.