The End Of An Era; Avengers: Endgame

“Avengers: Infinity War” made a huge impact on popular culture in 2018, the ending was talked about for months. Fans talked in online forums, watched Youtube videos, and studied the previous films over and over for any tiny clues of what would come next. On Friday everyone will finally get the answers, and San Luis Obispo High School students alike will be lining up for the last of the diminishing seats.

After “Avengers: Infinity War”, the Avengers were left defeated by Thanos with half of their team snapped out of existence. In January the first trailer for Avengers: Endgame (a title that was previously guessed by the fans) was released. The release instantly brought back the hype from “Avengers: Infinity War”, launching a four-month-long buzz around who would die, come back to life, how Thanos would be defeated, and other odd details. Downtown, the Movie Experience: Downtown Centre Cinema is preparing to be berated with almost two days of completely sold out showings. Many are left to see the 11:45 p.m. showing of a three-hour film.  

“I’m super excited to go see it, but I’m wary of the emotional wrecking that it may cause. I hope all of my favorite characters survive,” sophomore Clio Nelson.

In the end, it doesn’t matter that we think we know that Spider-Man is coming back from the dead, that Captain America might sacrifice himself for the greater good, or that we could know the big plot point. This movie is an end of an era, one that stretched from Iron Man in 2008 to “Avengers: Endgame”. Marvel movies have been a big part of our culture, and we’ll love the movies to the end.