Welcoming New Assistant Principal Nathan Meinert

This school year marks the end of Assistant Principal Nick Frost’s time as being apart of the administration staff at San Luis Obispo High School for the time being. Frost will continue his career journey in the classroom. As we are about to say farewell to Frost, we are going to be welcoming in the new assistant principal for the 2019-2020 school year; Nathan Meinert. Expressions set out to talk to Frost about his thoughts of Meinert and the upcoming school year.

I believe that Meinert is prepared to take on this role. I think that he is a great match. Meinert is going to bring good ideas to improve SLOHS because he knows our campus and the students. I am excited about the energy that he is going to bring,” said Frost.

In order for a new assistant principal to be found, SLOHS puts candidates through a rigorous process in order to find a suitable representative to be apart of the SLOHS staff. Principal Leslie O’Connor and the administrative staff received roughly 50 candidates for the job and narrowed it down three times.

Throughout these downsizings, the hiring team had the last nine candidates meet with a few SLOHS teachers and administrators. For the last four candidates, they were interviewed by the SLOHS counseling staff, along with a few classrooms of students.

Students were given the opportunity to ask questions and were involved in giving feedback on their thoughts of these final candidates.

Meinert made it through and pleased numerous staff members and students.

Meinert has had previous experience as being a deputy principal at Paso Robles High School for the past two years. Before Meinert was apart of the administration staff at PRHS, he was a teacher and math department chair at SLOHS.

“I think that Meinert is experienced enough to take on this job.  I mean, you can only get experience by having the job, which he has been in the job so he has a good understanding of what the administration job is going to entail. He is a smart kid, so the things he doesn’t know, he will figure out quickly,” said Frost.

SLOHS is excited to meet the new 2019-2020 assistant principal an are interested to see what ideas he will bring to SLOHS.