How To House Show Like A Beast

San Luis Obispo High School students who are looking for a fun time should consider swinging by a house show. For those who aren’t familiar with the concept, a house show is basically a concert thrown in someone’s home. Yes, this is actually legal and it’s extremely rad. From crowd surfing to concussions, there are many reasons to attend. However, there are some things you should know to be prepared to house show like a pro.

A concert will always be more fun when with friends, so make sure to gather up a group who could appreciate the music and mosh pits. It could make for some great memories.

“My most memorable moments have been all the times I threw Joella in the mosh pit and got her to crowd surf,” said junior Sebastian Ramirez.

Crowd surfing and moshing aren’t musts at a house show but definitely add to the fun, fast-paced energy of one. There is no reason to hold back, the crowds at these concerts are typically supportive of the pursuit of a good time. Many people are solely there to enjoy the music as well, which creates a sense of community in our small town.

“People should attend house shows because they’ll meet super cool people and become close to the bands,” said senior Maya Nitzel.

Generally, it’s easiest to find out about these concerts over social media or through friends. Be sure to check out one of the next local house shows. Some local bands who have played house shows are Pancho and the Wizards, Dudeo Perez, Don Hooch, The Currents, Pure Love Gang, and Coffin.