What You Need To Know About The New Fitness Center

On August 27, the new Fitness Center at San Luis Obispo High School opened. Sport Supply Group, also called BSN, and SLOHS partnered to create this new fitness center. BSN is a company that makes work out spaces and sells equipment for physical training. SLOHS Athletic Director Jeff Brandow was one of the main administrators that made this possible.

“A lot of hard work has gone in the fitness center, we are very excited,” said Brandow.

Both sports teams and P.E. classes have begun using the facility.  It is made up of a new Spin Cycle room and a weight and workout room.

“I think the location of the fitness center is a lot better than having to walk all the way up to Taylor, and there is a lot of new equipment. I wish it happened when I was a freshman,” said senior varsity football player Garner DuBois.

It is big and looks very good, but there are a lot of things that have to be finished. T.V.’s, wall painting, mirrors, and adding some more equipment are all finishing touches. The plan is to finish it within a year. P.E. classes and sports teams are using it now, and staff are working on a plan to make it open for all students.

“I like it, it’s super nice. It makes me feel motivated to actually work out,” said senior Helena Becerra Salud.

The center has cost a lot of money, but compared to the old weight room, students are happy that they have the opportunity to use it. If you want to check it out, you can find it on the left side of the old gym.