Tech Opportunity at Fullstack Academy

Even as we move into summer, scholarship opportunities continue to abound for the new San Luis Obispo High School graduates. One of the latests available scholarships to come to the attention of Expressions is the Ticket into Tech opportunity at Fullstack Academy. With locations in New York and Chicago, Fullstack boosts success as an alternative to the competitive process of getting into a four year academy. Their coding boot camp followed by a one year paid apprenticeship has landed graduates jobs with average salaries of eighty thousand dollars per year.

With a rating of 4.89 out of five stars on Course Report, Fullstack is a promising place to pursue an education in technology. James J. Brescia, Ed.D., County Superintendent of Schools said, “Innovative apprenticeship programs, like Ticket into Tech, combine education with on-the-job training. By assisting our youth in navigating the path to a successful career, the San Luis Obispo County Office of Education fulfills its mission of growing and developing career technical education programs on the central coast.”

The Fullstack Academy coding bootcamp offers on the job training that rivals any four year program, and is constantly updating it’s program as technology changes. Graduates have gone on to work at companies such as Google, Facebook, and Amazon. There are five available boot camps this summer, all followed by a year of on the job training. Places are limited as there is thirty student limit per class, and the ten hour self paced classes needed to pass the entrance exam starts in July, 2018. The apprenticeship then starts fall of 2018, and there are four scholarships available.