Coming Soon to the Fremont: Rainbow Kitten Surprise

San Luis Obispo has become a local concert hot-spot hosting both well known musicians as well as introducing the locals to fresh new music. Next Saturday, August 11, the Indie group Rainbow Kitten Surprise will be performing at the Fremont. Trust me—this is one show you won’t want to miss.

“The main singer’s voice is so unique, I’ve never listened to another voice like it. Also their music is super emotional and it kind of pierces my soul,” said junior Catrina Sada, a new fan of the band.

Rainbow Kitten Surprise is a five person band hailing from deep in the woods of North Carolina and bringing a unique new twist to indie music. Their songs boast unique and catchy tunes, deep lyrical meaning, and melodramatic instrumentals. To help further convey the type of music they play, it’s worth mentioning that Rainbow Kitten Surprise draws inspiration from artists such as Modest Mouse, Lana Del Rey, and Kings of Leon.

I attended a Rainbow Kitten Surprise Concert in May and it was the best live music performance I have witnessed to date: The energy in the venue was amazing and the band member’s passion could be felt pulsating off of their bodies, not to mention each of their songs are beautiful and meaningful.

For any live music fans looking for an event to attend check out the Rainbow Kitten Surprise concert at our very own Fremont on Saturday, August 11.