Bringing Back Beach Goth

On Monday, May 14, the Orange County based band The Growlers, are releasing the new mystery venue in Los Angeles for this year’s festival, Beach Goth. The official lineup and ticket prices are to be released shortly afterwards. The summer festival, known for its eccentric performances, will begin on August 5.

Beach Goth started in 2012 at the Observatory park in Santa Ana, California. It took place at this venue for five years, until a lawsuit was filed against the festival pioneers for creating their own brand. Last summer, the band renamed the series of concerts Growlers 6, and moved the event to San Pedro.

The Growlers are excited to announce that they are bringing back Beach Goth and hosting the festival in their hometown. Among those excited is San Luis Obispo High School senior Liliana Turner, who attended the event in 2016.

“It rained when I was there. The venue was half outside, half inside, so when it started raining [it got chaotic]. Despite all that, it was fun, just not the right venue, so it’s great that they’re moving it to LA, I would probably go again because they have great artists,” said Turner.

Beach Goth is projected to host over fifty different bands this year. Artists who play are typically categorized as rock, punk, surf rock, and hip hop. The Growlers wish for a full turn out due to the recovery of the festival name and the move to Los Angeles.