Tigers Track And Field Team Dominates The Competition At PAC 8 Finals

Last Thursday the San Luis Obispo High School track and field team dominated the competition at the PAC 8 League Finals meet. At the end of the night, the girls varsity team won first place and earned the title of league champs while the varsity boys team emerged with a hard-fought third place finish. Both the boys and girls frosh/soph teams ended their season on a victorious note with a first place win in their division.

The PAC 8 Finals meet also determines which athletes will have a chance to compete at CIF-SS prelims. This year many tiger athletes across all events qualified to compete at CIF prelims and will be traveling down to ___ this coming weekend.

“All of the coaches are so proud of our athletes. It is very difficult to qualify to CIF and we are taking so many athletes,” said head coach Gregory Ross.

The following athletes will be competing: Caius Cowgill, Dylan Archer, John Krill, Anneke Moersdorf, Maddie Fletcher, Noah Callahan, Chloe Carlson, Jack Kaiser, Dylan Payne, Assani Berkeley, Katherine ZagRodny, Sarah Attala, Kylie Haidet, Lily Svetich, Emma Manderino, Alexi Steinmaus, Grace Rubio, Nicole Liddicoat, Sophie Dietrich, Tiara Bais, Annalise Smelser, Raquel Kalpakoff, Sophie Maino, Joella Holmes, Gavin Fraysier, and Greg Overton.

“I put so many hours into training. I knew I just had to give it my all if I wanted to go on and that’s what I did,“ said junior Emma Manderino who will be competing in the 1600m and the 3200m.

Make sure to congratulate your fellow tigers this week and commend them for their hard work this season.  

View Comments (1)