A Preview Of Girls Swim

No one can deny that San Luis Obispo High school has been doing very well for itself athletically. Taking winter league titles in boys basketball and girls soccer, SLOHS has been having some great seasons all around.

As winter sports come to a close, we have the spring to look forward. One sport that has a good chance of keeping the ball rolling is girls swim. Expressions sat down with girls varsity swim coach Judd Clark to see what SLOHS can expect this season.

Expressions: What is the philosophy for the season?

Girls varsity swim coach Judd Clark: Team chemistry equates to fast swimming.

Expressions: How is the team different from last year?

Clark: The team is different from last year because we actually have a lot of incoming freshmen that have a lot of talent and experience behind them already. We’re looking strong on the younger end. And we’ve got some great talent coming back, and actually, some transfers that are going to help us out too.

Expressions: What do you think is the girls swim teams strongest aspect?

Clark: I think that strongest aspect is how the team bonds and how they work together as a team or unit. I feel like that is something that we picked up really nicely from last year, which will move over to this year.

Expressions: Do you expect another league title?

Clark: I think we have an excellent shot at a league title. It is a stronger team than we had last year. We’re going to have a little bit more pressure, not only from AGHS, but also from Paso Robles High School. It is going to be a fun year!

Expressions: Do you have your eyes on any records?

Clark: Yes, there’s multiple records. Not only individual records but also some relay records that our girls have a shot a breaking this year. Specifically, the hundred back and the hundred fly. We also have a chance at the four by fifty medley, and four by one hundred. Those are just off the top of my head.