Award-Winning Drama “The Crucible” Comes to San Luis Obispo County

Beginning on February 15, the Pacific Conservatory Theatre will be showing “The Crucible”. This thrilling drama centers on a farmer and his wife whose lives are forever altered when they are drawn into the tumultuous world of witchcraft. Having won the 1953 Tony Award for Best Play, “The Crucible” is truly a dramatic masterpiece, and this is an excellent opportunity for San Luis Obispo High School students to witness art in action.

“I love musicals because it’s really cool to insert music into a rendering of real life. I also like the intellectual properties of theatre and how it analyzes people and how they act,” said senior Penny Kibbe who frequently watches musicals at the PCPA.

The premiere on February 15 will be at 7 p.m. in the Santa Maria Theatre. The play runs through March 4 and weekend showings are offered at 1:30 and 7:30 p.m. most Saturdays and 1:30 p.m. on Sundays. Student admission tickets are $21.

This the third time the “The Crucible” has come to the PCPA, and has had great success in the past. The play is popular and shows often sell out, so purchasing tickets online early to reserve seats is recommended.

For a complete list of showtimes and to purchase tickets online, visit the theatre website at http://www.pcpa.org/