Successful Student: Tips To Eating Well

Successful Student: Tips To Eating Well

During the summer, there are two types of people. The ones who go on hikes, exercise, and eat healthy foods to get that “back to school body,” and those who don’t. Now that summer is over, San Luis Obispo High School students and staff need a reminder on how to eat healthy foods that are quick and easy to make while getting the proper nutrients and full belly needed to maintain focus and a positive mindset throughout the day.

A couple people Expressions talked to have said that one way they diet is by eating little to nothing a day, which is not healthy. Plus, starving yourself could lead to some serious problems such as brittle nails, dizziness, and even depression. Here’s how you can get through those rushed mornings, make a quick lunch, and a hack on how to stay away from those delicious school cookies.

Something Is Better Than Nothing: In the morning, it can be very time consuming to make a good, hearty breakfast. We introduce to you, protein shakes, for rushed mornings where you can’t find time to sit and enjoy your first meal. It’s an easy way to get all the vitamins your body needs throughout the day while heading to school.

Thinking Ahead: Packing a lunch is another morning struggle. Making a lunch right when you get home, or when you finish homework, and sticking it in the fridge until morning is a helpful routine that is sure to make life easier.

Snack Attack: Beware of those delicious cookies! They’re everyone’s weakness. Having a snack in your backpack such as a granola bar or a juicy piece of fruit is a healthy alternative to the sugary treats the school offers at lunch and nutrition.

In conclusion, grabbing a protein shake in the morning, packing a lunch the night before school, and eating healthier snacks is a great way to stay healthy throughout the busy days in high school. It’s ok to have a cookie once in awhile, but it’s very important to eat lots of fruits and vegetables if you want to stay naturally energized and positive during the day.