Senior Neil Solorio Steps Up As Varsity Football Leader

As San Luis Obispo High School football comes off a big win against Morro Bay High School, the team looks to keep the momentum going for their next game against Dos Pueblos High School. With injuries and other issues plaguing the team, they look to find new ways to lead the team to victory. One crucial member of the Tigers is senior two-way player Neil Solorio. Expressions decided to ask him a few questions based on their upcoming game and how he plans to lead the team.

Expressions: How long have you been playing football?

Senior Neil Solorio: I have been playing football for seven years.

Expressions: Has your role on the team increased as the season and your career progresses?

Solorio: My role on the team has certainly increased this season due to lack of depth at some positions both offensively as a tight end and defensively as a linebacker. Throughout my career my role naturally increased as I grew older and got bigger.

Expressions: How do you inspire others to try their best in practice and in games?

Solorio: You have to show your teammates through action how to work hard and inspire them to do their best, especially in practice.

Expressions: What is it like to step in as an important part of the team in recent games?

Solorio: I enjoy the role that I play on our team, and love that I get to step up this year as an important player.