Tiger Water Polo Annihilates Bearcats

Yesterday,  San Luis Obispo High School Varsity Water Polo dove in for a high octane match against Paso Robles. SLO seemed a little off their game in the first half and struggled to keep their heads above water, but after adapting to the opponent’s play style and nasty attitudes it was clear that the Tigers wanted the win. They battled back with a vengeance in the second half, ultimately pulling in a strong 18-7 victory. Simply asserting their dominance, the Tigers proved that they will be a force to be reckoned with during the season.

Scoring efforts were led by senior power duo Riley Truschke and Kevin Hill. Seniors Will Anderson and Andrew Gater also featured some emotionally riveting goals, as well as the junior “Turbo Twins” Mark and John Erbstoesser adding both a prominent offensive and defensive presence. Although the game was fast paced, there was stoppage time allotted as the referees had to deal with a local lifeguard who belligerently refused to move his lifeguard stand blocking the referee’s view of the game.

This win for the Tigers gives them a powerful 9-1 overall standing as well as a 3-0 record for league. They play Righetti next week, who are sitting first in league, so it should be quite the game. The Tigers are certainly a team to keep your eyes on this year as they may be swimming their way into League Finals.