Mayweather Claims Victory

With a record of 50-0, professional boxer Floyd Mayweather has once again claimed victory, coming out of his two year retirement. The night of this fight in Las Vegas, the world’s best boxer beat one of the world’s best mixed martial artists at the end of a rigorous ten rounds. Reigning UFC lightweight champion, twenty-nine year old, Conor McGregor experienced his debut boxing match against the accomplished forty year old Mayweather.

“I think McGregor did his best with only six months of boxing experience,” said senior Will Anderson.

The first three rounds of the fight were strategically given away by Mayweather in order to pick up McGregor’s fighting patterns. By the seventh round it was obvious to the fans and viewers that McGregor had grown weary and lost his stamina. Well into two more rounds McGregor was finding himself lucky to even make it to the final bell, as Mayweather focused on heavy shots to take him out in the final stretch.

“We know in the MMA he fights 25 minutes real hard and after that he starts to slow down,” said Mayweather.

As the two competitors battled into the tenth and final round, Mayweather was fully able to finish off McGregor when referee Robert Byrd waved the fight off at the 1:05 mark. Despite McGregor’s loss, the MMA star was able to show off some good boxing technique, along with forcing Mayweather into putting up a good fight. For now this looks like Mayweather’s final win on his perfect score legacy as he once again declared retirement after the fight.