4th Of July Celebration In Cayucos

Every year, Cayucos hosts a fabulous Fourth of July celebration. It includes a sand sculpture contest, a parade, a BBQ, and to conclude the night, a fireworks show off the pier.

If you want to be present for the sand sculpture contest, your Fourth of July will have an early start because this activity begins at 5:00 a.m. and goes till 8:00 a.m. Sculptures are created by people of all ages and abilities.

Next in line is the annual parade, fit with colorful floats and participants dressed in patriotic attire. Beginning at 10 a.m., this parade is fun for the whole family.

“My favorite part was definitely the energy of the people there, because the Fourth of July is like Mardi Gras, except for Cayucos,” said junior Maya Nitzel.

After the parade comes the “Cayucos Lion’s Barbeque”, and the “Lioness Bingo”. You can get your BBQ lunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and play bingo from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.

To wrap up the night, the grand firework display will be held at 9 p.m. off the Cayucos Pier.

“The beach is usually pretty crowded but the fireworks show was pretty cool,” said sophomore Sofia Rivas.

Come experience this fun, patriotic day in beautiful Cayucos, and enjoy the fireworks to celebrate the independence of the United States.