Summer Diet For SLOHS Students

Summer Diet For SLOHS Students

San Luis Obispo High School students are enjoying their summer at the beach, or doing other fun activities. However, lots of students are too stressed about wearing their swimsuits and showing their bodies to other people. For this reason everyone should follow a diet, in order to be in good shape and to spend the summer confidently.

First of all, teenagers should eat an energetic breakfast to start the day with strength and intensity. Then a light lunch which consists of carbohydrates, and vegetables are excellent for staying active and healthy. For dinner it would be recommended to eat meal based on proteins, vegetables, and fruit. It’s very important to drink a lot of water throughout the day.

Senior Nate Higgins is careful about what he eats to keep his body in good shape, and he needs the healthiest food to keep excelling in sports.

“I eat a lot of fruit that gives me energy, and proteins, as well. I’ll keep eating the same this summer to give me a good metabolism for sports. Fruit contains natural sugar that gives you energy, so I would recommend it in a good diet,” said Higgins.

It is really important to eat lots of vegetables and fruit, because they’re full of vitamins and natural sugars that are good for your body, and they are fat-free. For senior Ellie Vendegna, they are extremely important and are the major part of her diet, since she’s a vegan.

In conclusion, if you want to have a healthy body, and shine at the beach this summer, forget the hamburgers and french fries, and start eating the healthiest food you can find. It will not only keep you in good shape and detoxified, but will also help to prevent you from diseases.