The Truth Behind College Application Fabrication

With the stress of college applications, many students are pressured to fabricate their applications. These fabrications start as a small white lie, but some progress much further. Expressions did some research into the art of college application fabrication.

Senior Zach Wise said, “I can understand with the massive amount of pressure why a student might be provoked to put fake items on their application, and I think it’s okay to stretch the truth a little, but putting a blatant lie or acting like you accomplished something you didn’t just speaks personally about you. You’re kind of setting yourself up for a dishonest life if you’re starting a life somewhere based off of lies you had to create.” A majority of high school students feel forced by society to exaggerate their extra curricular activities in order to strengthen their application. Fabricating your college applications is very easy but it’s pretty immoral and in the long run the information you’re fabricating will not make or break whether you get into that school or not.There comes a point where these embellishments become deceitful lies.

When activities appear to  be too magnificent to be true, the university does some fact checking on not only the student’s activity but also their whole application. If after this research is done, a lie is uncovered, the university instantly rejects the application and notifies other universities and the high school the student attended of the ineligibility of the application.

With a world of competitive applicants competing for a miniscule number of spots at their dream universities, many students feel the pressure come down on them. This pressure drives them to do things that are unacceptable. Students should keep in mind that it is better to be honest and show the university why they need you, then to lie and suffer the price.