“Footloose” Closing Soon; Drama Club’s Banquet To Follow

Last week marked the opening week of San Luis Obispo High School Drama Club’s production of “Footloose”. This will be followed by the club’s end of the year banquet.

The popular musical follows the life of high school student Ren McCormack as he arrives at a new school in a town where dancing is outlawed. McCormack is played by junior Colin Erno and senior Riley Hutcheson, with his co-star female lead Ariel Moore played by junior Dasha Novotny and senior Emma Jane Haas.

“My favorite scene in the musical is ‘Holding Out for a Hero’ because it is so much fun bringing all the ladies into one dance,” said junior Jessica Perje, an actress in the production.

“My favorite scene happens in Cowboy Bob’s bar and features two songs: ‘Let’s Hear it for the Boy’, and ‘Still Rocking’… it’s really fun,” said sophomore Ella Livingston, also taking part in the musical.

All future performances of “Footloose” will be held on May 17-19 at 7:00 PM. The middle section of the theater is currently sold out, however, the outer seats are first-come, first-serve.

Following the final performances will be an “End of the Year Banquet” on May 21,  to celebrate the 2017 members of the SLOHS Drama Club.

“The SLOHS Drama Club Banquet is a fun event that happens every year after all the shows.We all come together to just have fun, give out cool prizes, and eat lots of food,” said Perje.

“The banquet is basically our version of the Oscar/Tony awards, except it’s held in the theater,” said Livingston.