Nature Improves Students’ Mental & Physical Health

Students at San Luis Obispo High School face stress every single day. It can occur from, family, friends, and schoolwork. It’s often overwhelming, and multiple individuals struggle to overpower the stress.

“Nature relieves stress for me because it is very calming to go out and see the natural beauty in the world around me,” said junior Kevin Hill.

Nature spots around San Luis Obispo county are often underestimated. Peace can be found within the observation of the earth itself; you can find simplicity in nature because it’s pure and untouched. Its beauty is right in front of us and we can get lost in the beauty of it if we choose. It’s as easy as going on a sunset hike by yourself, or with friends.

Instead of sitting and stressing about something, you can get outside. If you’re someone who doesn’t enjoy the outdoors, this might increase your stress. However, I personally have never met anyone like that. SLO County has many natural spots that each exemplify individual beauty.

Prefumo Canyon, Bishop’s Peak, Avila Beach, Madonna Mountain, Poly canyon, Elephant Forest, and Montana De Oro are some of the many places you can go to within SLO county. People travel from far and wide to come see those works of nature. Students at SLOHS are only a drive away.

Don’t let stress keep you down – our county is beautiful, so get outside and enjoy it.