Get The Scoop On This Year’s Color Blast Fun Run

On Saturday, April 8, San Luis Obispo High School will be having its annual non-competitive Color Blast Fun Run around the school. The event will be hosted by Black and Gold Boosters Organization and the Alex Maier Memorial Fund. The proceeds will go to funding scholarships and will also help fund activities put on by the Black and Gold Organization. For people who do not attend San Luis Obispo High School, the registration cost will be forty dollars, and the student registration cost is twenty dollars. The run is three hours long beginning at 8 a.m. for early check in, and the run will start at 10 a.m. The run will take place on the track and around the school.  Expressions caught up with ASB adviser Jim Johnson about the run.

Expressions: What is expected of students during the color run?

ASB adviser Jim Johnson: Well, what you should do when you go to the color run is have fun. It’s not a competitive event, so there is no need to be competitive about it: do it with friends and have fun. A lot of people put on cheap sunglasses to protect their eyes from powder being splashed in their eyes, and when you check in there is yoga and a free shirt, so it’s just a fun time.

Expressions: Where should students go if they have any questions?

Johnson: If anyone has questions that they want to be answered, then they could go and ask the people in the Reach Club since the Reach Club is quite involved with the event. If not, the students could contact Maddie Handy who is Commissioner of  Community Relations. They could also visit the color run website at http://www.slocolorblast.com/ for more additional information if they want.