Now Playing At The SLOHS Theater: “A Very Potter Musical”

Starting today, March 16, “A Very Potter Musical” is showing its productions through the weekend. The cast of the play has members from all classes and the team greatly looks forward to showing the school the work they have put in. Expressions interviewed cast members and asked them about the experience, and what it has meant to them.

Junior and Director Stephen Zagrodny: Directing this musical has been a really exciting experience for me, I loved getting to watch my cast grow and develop their characters. All the characters are really big and exaggerated in this show and it’s so fun to get to work with all these different personalities. I think this show is really different than the other shows we’ve done, it feels very connected to the audience and as a whole it’s just very fun and irreverent.

Junior and Co- Director Emma Anderson: It’s been such an amazing experience due to the fact that I’m with close friends but also meeting new people and all of us are so dedicated and excited to make it a great show. My favorite part about the show is the untraditional vibe and the witty banter between all of the characters. Everyone should come see this show regardless of whether or not they’re a fan of Harry Potter because it’s a completely different story line but stays true to all the aspects of the original Harry Potter that people fell in love with. It’s hilarious because of its informal nature but also high quality because of all the time and energy that’s been poured into it.

Junior Rutik Shinglot: This musical has been my first real theatrical performance as a lead. My favorite part has definitely been seeing the cast develop as a whole and making a hilarious parody for everyone to enjoy. Being a part of such a large universe like the Harry Potter one and having our own take on it and molding the characters to fit our own selves has also been fun. People should come watch it because the musical is so much more than a musical. It’s a parody of all seven books mashed into one great performance that contains me trying to sing. The subtle references and humor is funny for any Harry Potter fan to enjoy. Overall, it’s been an amazing experience and I’m honored to be Harry Potter and show the school what we have spent so long making.

Junior Nabeel El-Sayed: The play has been an awesome experience, and because I love Harry Potter and it’s a really funny spoof, it’s also hilarious because of the people they casted for roles for example an Arab Voldemort and an Indian Harry Potter. Everyone is just going to be able to be themselves and deliver a funny experience.

If you’re interested in checking out “A Very Potter Musical”, it is showing the weekend of March 17 on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 7 p.m., with an additional Saturday matinee at 2 p.m.; admission to the show is free!