How To Relax After Finals Week

Finals week is a time of stress, little sleep, and copious amount of studying. The relatively homework free three day weekend that follows is perhaps the one enjoyable aspect of finals week. To help students recover from mass amounts of anxiety, Expressions compiled a list of the top five ways to relax and unwind after the horrors of finals week.

● Take a drive out to Morro Rock in Morro Bay. Stop by one of the local coffee shops and take a warm drink to the edge of Morro Rock. Sitting with a steaming cup of coffee and watching the waves break over the beach are sure to calm any frayed nerves.
● Take a free yoga class from SLO Yoga Center on Sundays. They offer a free community Vinyasa and Meditation classes. To find a class check out SLO Yoga’s schedule here.
● Explore the tide pools just outside Cayucos. These tide pools are a great way to take a nice relaxing stroll along the California coast while viewing a myriad of colorful sea creatures. To get to the tide pools drive halfway between the town of Cayucos and Harmony State Park. There are five turnouts on the west side of the road. Park in one of these turnouts and follow the path to the beach areas. There is a large network of trails that lead from the parking areas to the beach.
● Watch the sunset over Pismo Beach pier. Bring bundles of blankets and sit on one of the benches overlooking Pismo and allow the swirling pastels to ease you into relaxation. The pier is one of the best spots to view the sunset in all of SLO county.
● Indulge in a satisfying soak in one of the Sycamore Mineral Hot Spring pools in Avila. The hot tub pools are 15 dollars per hour Monday-Thursday and 20 dollars per hour Friday-Sunday. You can also book their Oasis Waterfall Lagoon hot spring for 20 dollars a person with a minimum group of four Monday-Thursday and a minimum group of six Friday-Sunday.