SLOHS Track Kicks Off The Season

Track has its first meet this weekend at Paso Robles on Saturday March second. The meet against Paso begins early Saturday morning and will last until about two p.m. It is a varsity only meet that features a large number of relay races such as the relay medley. This race is a unique relay featuring two two hundred meter sprints, one four hundred meter sprint, and one eight hundred meter sprint.

“The relay medley is an exciting race because it combines so many different sprint lengths. I look forward to competing in this first relay meet every year,” said junior Kylie Haidet.

In addition to the relay medley San Luis Obispo High School tigers will also be competing in two by four relays, jump competitions, and throws.

“We have a lot of new people on our jumps team and I’m really excited to see how far we’ll all go. Jumping is kinda one of those sneaky hard events. You have to act like a bee and defy the laws of physics and fly,” said junior Lauren Rudd.

SLOHS is expected to do great at the meet, and both the girls and boys teams look forward to another shot at winning league this year.

Come out and support your tiger track athletes this Saturday as they kick off the start of a promising season.