2017 Mid State Fair Concerts Announced

2017 Mid State Fair Concerts Announced

This past week, the California Mid State Fair announced on their website the concerts that will be taking place at the Chumash Grandstand this July.

Besides going to the beach or traveling, San Luis Obispo High School students have little else to do in the summer. The camaraderie and entertainment of the California Mid State Fair is an 11-day reprieve from the boredom of the dog days. This year, the Fair runs from July 19 to July 30, and it will be chock full of events and attractions.

While some students are excited to show animals at the fair and others just dream of being in the same Ferris wheel car as their crush in the warm Paso Robles dusk, the concerts at the Chumash Grandstand Arena are usually what most fair-goers look forward to.

This year, the lineup looks especially promising. With blasts from the past from performers Lionel Richie and Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, parents and students alike can soak in the classics. Country music fans can also enjoy a couple of concerts, featuring Zac Brown Band and Keith Urban.

“My mom won tickets for the Zac Brown Band concert on KJUG and I’m pumped,” said senior Megan Stoudenmire.

Undeniably, the biggest concert to come to Paso this summer will be the electronic-pop duo The Chainsmokers, who held a concert at Cal Poly in March of last year. Since then, they have released many chart-topping songs and even attended the Grammys. The announcement of their concert at the Mid State Fair came as another swell on the massive tidal wave of popularity that was created when the Chainsmokers ran away with Best New Artist, Best Dance Recording, and Best Pop Duo from the Grammys.

“[The Chainsmokers] are such a good band, I really want to go to their concert,” said sophomore Molly Anthony.

More concerts have yet to be announced, so keep on the lookout for your favorite bands, because the Mid State Fair rarely disappoints.

Tickets for Lionel Richie and The Chainsmokers go on sale on March 3, and you can buy tickets now for all other concerts announced, so be sure to hurry and get your tickets before they are gone for good.