Senior Kannan Freyaldenhoven Talks His Passion For Playing Piano

Many students at San Luis Obispo High School have hidden musical talents that they rarely get to showcase to the student body. Expressions decided to interview senior Kannan Freyaldenhoven on his musical skills to get insight on the talents we rarely see at SLOHS.

Expressions:  What instrument do you play?

Senior Kannan Freyaldenhoven: Piano.

Expressions: How long have you been playing and how did you get started?

Freyaldenhoven: I started when I was seven and have gotten more serious about it over the past four years. I had always loved classical music, specifically piano and that inspired me to learn the instrument.

Expressions: What is the best experience that has come out of playing this instrument?

Freyaldenhoven: Two summers ago I went to Poland for a musical exchange and had an incredible experience meeting people, playing concerts, and touring around Poland.

Expressions: Do you have a favorite piece that you play?

Freyaldenhoven: My favorite piece is “Concert Etude Number 3 in D flat Major” by Liszt.

Expressions: Do you plan on pursuing this at all in the future?

Freyaldenhoven: I plan on continuing to play the piano all through my life because music is a passion of mine.

Expressions: Would you recommend that students learn to play an instrument, and if so, why?

Freyaldenhoven: I would recommend it because it is a great way to express yourself and really great to be exploring the great music of the genius musicians of the past.

The musical talents of SLOHS are incredible and Freyaldenhoven is a prime example of this. His dedication to playing is extremely inspiring to all aspiring musicians and to anyone who recognizes all of the time and effort he puts into this pastime.