Girls Soccer: Senior Grace Park Talks CIF

This is a big week for San Luis Obispo High School soccer, as this Thursday at 5:30, our Lady Tigers will take on Valencia in a CIF game. Expressions went out and talked to senior soccer player Grace Park to get a better perspective into what makes the SLOHS Girl’s soccer team so successful. She recently committed to Cal Poly, and will be playing for them next year.

Expressions: What position do you play?
Senior Grace Park: Either outside mid or forward.

Expressions: What do you think will be the greatest hurdle your team will have to overcome in order to win?
Park: Our hardest challenge will be staying focused for the entire eighty minute game and realizing that we won’t have as many opportunities in front of the net as we usually do because competition is better so we have to finish the chances we get.

Expressions: What is your team best at as a whole?
Park: Working as a group. Every single person gets along.

Expressions: As a four year SLOHS athlete, which year has been your favorite so far?
Park: I can’t pick between my years as an athlete at SLOHS. Every season has been so different yet so successful and unforgettably fun.

Expressions: Do you think playing soccer for SLOHS has prepared you for playing for Cal Poly? Why or why not?
Park: Yes, of course! The environment playing soccer at SLOHS is so competitive in that every person is trying to get better. It not only made me better as a soccer player but as a leader as well! I will take both of those things to Cal Poly with me for sure.

Expressions: What will you miss most about soccer season?
Park: I will one hundred percent miss my teammates the most when I leave. They rock.