What Is The Current Status Of The California Drought?

It seems that with all the heavy storms that have been hitting he coast of California lately, we’d have a good chance of getting out of what is seemingly a never ending drought. There has been flooding to the point of overflowing creeks and landslides, and all the lakes that were previously at historical low levels of water have now risen up to 45 percent.

“I saw people canoeing in a place that was previously a field. The fact that the rain created a lake that wasn’t even there begin makes me certain that this [the rain] has helped the California drought immensely,” said junior Regan Lyon.

California’s ongoing drought was severe and ongoing, effecting much of the agriculture that our state produces.  This year. Starting October 1, has been considered a “water year” by scientists, but unfortunately, the ratio between water that actually rains compared to the amount that we use is not high enough to get us out of the drought as of now.

“I don’t ever remember seeing this much rain, even when we weren’t in a drought, so I can only imagine how much it will take to get us out of it,” said junior Eve Hedges.

It is incredible to imagine the amount of rain that would be needed to get us out of the drought, which is a day we may never see. Until then, central coast residents should appreciate the rain while it’s here.

Source: Wired News.