Sophomore Clea Wendt – Expressing Creativity Through Watercolors

Sophomore Clea Wendt, who balances water polo practices, Youth and Government meetings, and a rigorous academic schedule, has developed a unique creative outlet to escape the inevitable stresses of such a demanding workload: watercolors.

“I can’t really remember when I got into water coloring, but I think I’ve been doing it relatively consistently for a few years. I think I was drawn to water color because water has always been mesmerizing to me; being able to create with it is amazing”, said Wendt.

In the creation of her artwork Wendt seeks refuge from the often monotonous routine of everyday life, while working to refining her skills as a painter,

“I usually water color as a creative outlet, it helps me to practice my design abilities and work with color, it’s incredibly rewarding to experiment with techniques and/or discover something you didn’t know you were capable of.”

In response to increasing demand from her friends, Wendt’s watercoloring hobby transformed into somewhat of a small business.

“I have sold a few of my paintings, mainly just friends asking if I sell them. I’m actually working on a couple commissions right now. It’s difficult to keep up with multiple people asking for paintings, so I’m looking into making prints to more quickly distribute. Hopefully one day, I’ll have my own little shop on Etsy!, she added..