California Ski Resorts Worth The Travel

If you’re looking for a good place to go snowboarding or skiing, here are the top places to go. All these places are at least a four-hour drive, but definitely worth it. If you’re looking for lessons, equipment, or massive hills then Yosemite Ski & Snowboard Area is the place for you. With a whole assortment of activities from cross-country skiing to snow tubing, they have it all.

Prices for season passes vary from $79-$179, depending on your age. They also offer discounts on college students if they bring their ID and proof of enrollment. Yosemite is about 4-5 hours from San Luis Obispo.

The next place to go, if you’re not convinced with Yosemite, is China Peak Mountain Resort. China Peak is slightly different to Yosemite because of their pricing. To go on the lift, you must buy a ticket ranging in price from $27 to $71, so if money’s the issue this is the place to go.

If you don’t like the lessons from all the other resorts, then try taking lessons from professionals at China Peak costing $129. Even better you can stay in a lodge with complimentary breakfast in your dining room. China peak is a little closer to home as it is only 4-4.5 hours away.

Still haven’t found the right place? Try going to Mammoth, one of the most known skiing and snowboarding places around. Tickets for the lift cost from $169 to $199 in December. Also, like most places, they offer lessons for beginners or people who just want to brush up on their skills costs the same as the lift tickets.