Quarterback William Meinhold Reflects On The End of Football Season

The San Luis Obispo High School football season is coming to an end. It’s been a tough year for both the junior varsity and varsity teams, but the team members have stayed strong and kept their heads high throughout the season.

“Our record does not reflect how hard we have worked this season,” said senior quarterback William Meinhold. Meinhold leads the varsity team and throughout his last year playing, he kept a positive outlook and pushed through the negativity. This Friday is the last game of the season, where the SLOHS Tigers will be playing the Arroyo Grande Eagles. Although they are one of our biggest rivals and known as one of the best teams in the league, the JV and varsity teams will play their hardest.

“This is our last chance to show the world what we got,” said Meinhold. The boys have worked endlessly throughout the season, playing their hardest at each practice and at each game. Although they haven’t had the best season, the team has enjoyed playing together and growing as a team.

“I’m going to miss it. It’s been one of the most important and influential pieces of my life. It has taught me how to be accountable, work hard, and it gave me the best family I could ask for,” said Meinhold.

Come out and support your SLOHS tigers this Friday night and watch both the football teams give it their all in the last game of the season.